I am a PhD candidate in the Operations Research & Financial Engineering (ORFE) department at Princeton University, where my research interests include mathematical statistics and probability theory. Currently I am working with my advisor Matias Cattaneo on nonparametric network estimation, martingale coupling theory and random forest procedures.
I am currently on the academic job market, seeking positions starting in the latter half of 2024.
I received an MA degree in ORFE from Princeton in 2021. Before moving to New Jersey, I obtained my MMath in Mathematics & Statistics from the Department of Statistics at the University of Oxford in 2019. I was supervised there by Mihai Cucuringu, and wrote my master’s dissertation on Motif-Based Spectral Clustering of Weighted Directed Networks. I am an alumnus of St John’s College, Oxford.
In my spare time I enjoy choral singing, classical piano, chess and programming, as well as hiking, skiing and playing squash.
I have served as an Assistant in Instruction for these classes at Princeton University:
- ORF 498: Senior Independent Research Foundations, with Daniel Rigobon, Fall 2023
- SML 201: Introduction to Data Science, with Daisy Yan Huang, Fall 2023
- ORF 363: Computing and Optimization, with Ioannis Akrotirianakis, Spring 2023
- ORF 524: Statistical Theory and Methods, with Matias Cattaneo, Fall 2022
- ORF 526: Probability Theory, with Mykhaylo Shkolnikov, Fall 2022
- ORF 524: Statistical Theory and Methods, with Matias Cattaneo, Fall 2021
- ORF 245: Fundamentals of Statistics, with Matias Cattaneo, Spring 2021
- ORF 363: Computing and Optimization, with Amir Ali Ahmadi, Fall 2020
School of Engineering and Applied Science Award for Excellence
Princeton University, September 2022
Francis Robbins Upton Fellowship in Engineering
Princeton University, September 2019
Gibbs Statistics Prize
University of Oxford, July 2019
Royal Statistical Society Prize
Royal Statistical Society & University of Oxford, July 2019
St John's College, University of Oxford, July 2016
- Econometric Theory
- Journal of the American Statistical Association
- Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
- Journal of Causal Inference
- Operations Research
Statistical Foundations of Data Science and their Applications
Princeton University, May 2023
Local organizing committee member